Call for Experienced Art Therapists
CALLING ALL EXPERIENCED ART THERAPISTS!
The Red Pencil is looking for art therapists who are experienced in the prevention, early detection, support, and care
of young children in fragile conditions, and their parents, to give a one-hour presentation to Red Pencil art therapists.
The perinatal period and early childhood are particularly sensitive and important life stages.
The immaturity of the young child places the child in a state of dependence and vulnerability towards the adults around and the environment in which the young child evolves. These periods are crucial and decisive in the physiological, cognitive and psycho-affective development of the child.
The Red Pencil is therefore intending to intervene as early as possible in situations of fragility for young children (0 to 6 years old) and their parents, including future parents during pregnancy.
Art therapists willing to give this initial one-hour presentation would be skilled to strengthen and intensify the existing knowledge of Red Pencil arts therapists with expertise to :
• Strengthen the skills of credentialed arts therapists in the prevention, early detection, support and care of young children in fragile conditions (suffering, distress, interaction disorders, psychic disorders, atypical development, child abuse).
• Reinforce and support parenthood;
• Pay more specific attention to parents in vulnerable situations (disabled, psychiatric history);
• Promote care for the child in the family to limit recourse to placement as much as possible;
• Help to enlarge resources and networking.
Interested art therapists may send their email application with their resume to firstname.lastname@example.org before Tuesday 9th
of May 2023. Thank you.