THE RED PENCIL (EUROPE)
Our Brussels-based office facilitates arts therapy programmes in European countries, for the benefits of local communities.
Since starting our operations in Belgium in 2017, we have been working around 2 main axes: health care (cancer patients) and people on the move (asylum seekers escaping conflict zones).
- Raise awareness among the general public in Europe about the therapeutic power of arts therapy on physical and mental health;
- Develop and expand our European missions with a special focus on:
- Health care: psychologic support to cancer patients
- Schools: implement Train-The-Trainer programmes with teachers, as a tool for education
- Corporations: prevention and treatment of occupational burnout
- Migrants: prevention of trauma aggravation, restoring resilience
- Advance the arts therapy field through continuous improvement of our practices;
- Conduct major academic research on the impact of art therapy through the study of our missions’ impact.